Jolly Green Giant Combines Pasta And Veggies
Minneapolis-based General Mills, adds two pasta varieties to its Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers frozen lineup, which uses steam-in-bag technology.
Valley Fresh Steamers Vegetables with Pasta are made with 100 percent natural ingredients and preparation time is less than seven minutes, making for a convenient, family-friendly meal. Made with creamy sauces and freshly steamed vegetables, these steam-in-the-bag sides help make serving dinner to your family a whole lot easier. There are no messy pans to clean up, making preparation super convenient for mom. Perhaps best of all, they add veggies to the family's favorite pasta dishes.
Each package contains 2 ¼ cups (244g) — one to two servings. Varieties include Macaroni and Cheese Sauce with Broccoli (classic elbow pasta and broccoli in a cheese sauce) and Pasta and Vegetables with Alfredo Sauce (corkscrew pasta with carrots and broccoli in an Alfredo sauce).
"The new Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers Vegetables with Pasta help make vegetables, a necessary addition to every dinner plate, convenient and tasty," says Yumi Clevenger-Lee, marketing manager for Green Giant. "We were excited to implement feedback we received from our consumers. When we asked what they would like added to our delicious Valley Fresh Steamers frozen mixes, without hesitation they replied 'pasta.' "
Suggested retail price is $2.39.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »