Haagen-Dazs Reveals New Ice Cream Varieties
Crunchy, roasted almonds, tender, ripe blackberries, simmered blueberries and fresh peaches set the stage for the Häagen-Dazs brand's newest indulgences from Oakland, Calif.-based Nestle Dreyer's Ice Cream Co.
New ice cream varieties include: Caramel Apple Pie (apple ice cream and diced apple swirled with caramel and chunks of flakey pie crust; Blueberry Crumble (blueberry ice cream with buttery cobbler crust crumbles); Cranberry Pumpkin Spice (pumpkin ice cream balanced with swirls of tart cranberry filling and lightly spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg); Sweet Chai Latte (chai tea with creamy ice cream); and Spiced Peach Crumble (a Walmart exclusive – cooked peaches, lightly spiced and stirred into sweet cream with nuggets of buttery crust).
Also new are Vanilla Chocolate Sundae Cones and Vanilla Caramel Sundae Cones. If your bliss is frozen yogurt, Chocolate Almond Frozen Yogurt has roasted almonds blended with indulgent chocolate frozen yogurt. Two new flavors are available in single-serve cups (3.6-oz): Caramel Cone ice cream and Rum Raisin ice cream. And I can't wait to try Häagen-Dazs Blackberry Cabernet Sorbet -- blackberries and the flavor of cabernet grapes combine to create this dark, intense sorbet.
"This year we really focused on flavor experiences when looking for inspiration and ideas," says Gulbin Hoeberechts, Haagen-Dazs brand director. "A slice of holiday pie, a bite of fresh fruit from the orchard, a visit to the ice cream parlor, a trip to India – all of these led to the creation of our 2011 flavors and new sundae cones."
Suggested retail price for a 14-oz. carton is $4.69, a five-cone carton is $5.49, and 3.6-oz cups are $1.39.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »