Smart Balance Encourages A Cold Glass of Heart Right Fat Free Milk For Heart HealthParamus, N.J.-based Smart Balance Inc. introduces Smart Balance Heart Right Fat Free Milk. It tastes like 2% milk, and contains 0.4g of CoroWise plant sterols per serving from Minneapolis-based Cargill, 25 percent more calcium and protein than whole milk, and also contains DHA/EPA omega-3 fatty acids and added vitamin D.
Backed by significant scientific agreement that plant sterols help lower cholesterol and may reduce the risk of heart disease when consumed as part of a heart-healthy diet, plant sterol-containing products are capturing the attention of an increasing number of healthcare professionals who are promoting their use to patients and clients. In fact, a recent study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) shows that participants with a dietary portfolio of cholesterol-lowering foods, including plant sterols, showed a greater reduction in LDL-cholesterol after a six-month follow-up than those who followed a low saturated fat diet without the additional cholesterol-lowering components.
"We are very pleased with this collaboration between two trusted brands known for supporting heart health," says Pam Stauffer, global marketing programs manager, Cargill Health & Nutrition. "The incorporation of CoroWise plant sterols into the Smart Balance family of products, which has a significant retail presence, is yet another way that Cargill is collaborating with its partners to make a diet that supports heart health both easy and appetizing."
Suggested retail price for a carton is $3.49 to $3.99.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »