Hormel Foods Adds Canadian Bacon To Breakfast Meats Portfolio
With a storied and strong breakfast meat history, Hormel Foods, Austin, Minn., adds to its breakfast meats portfolio with the introduction of the healthier and lower sodium Hormel Breakfast Canadian Bacon. It's center cut from pork loin, which is fully cooked, 97 percent fat-free, gluten-free and made only with natural juices. It also features thinner slices, so a serving of three slices is only 70 calories.
What's really great about this Canadian bacon, besides the taste, is that you can use the thinner slices for breakfast sandwiches, cut into pieces for frittatas or salads, make a sophisticated version of a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich, add use it as a topping for pizza. Or make eggs Benedict, my favorite breakfast. You can pan fry the slice for one minute or microwave for 10-15 seconds if you want to enjoy it hot.
"Many of our competitors' formulations are ‘water-added,' " says Alex Elliott, assistant product manager of breakfast meats. "All of the Hormel Breakfast Canadian bacon items are ‘natural juices only,' which is the most premium offering of the category."
Hormel Foods aims to increase Canadian bacon usage occasions with new package improvements, as well, and the package can even be frozen for future use.
Suggested retail price for a 6-oz. package (10 slices) is $3.99 and $7.99 for a 12-oz package.
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »