High Capacity Centrifugal Screener Has Cantilevered Shaft For Rapid Cleaning, Screen ChangesKason Corporation's Centri-Sifter high capacity centrifugal screener model “YOB-SS” features a cantilevered shaft with two, externally-mounted bearings between the screening chamber and motor drive allowing all components to slide freely from the shaft end for cleaning, screen changes, or inspection.
According to the manufacturer, the combination of a large diameter shaft with wide spacing between the bearings, and a flexible shaft coupling, prevents vibration even at high speeds under heavy, imbalanced loads.
Available to USDA, FDA, BISSC, 3-A, and other US and European sanitary standards, the centrifugal screener is suitable for food and dairy applications requiring quick, thorough wash-down.
It is available in configurations for gravity-fed applications or continuous operation in-line with dilute-phase pneumatic conveying systems, with screen cylinders of Nylon monofilament, woven wire, perforated plate or wedgewire screen.
In addition to sifting of dry materials, the screener can reduce soft agglomerates and/or dewater moist solids or slurries. Hinging open the bearing-free end plate at the overs/discharge end of the screening chamber allows rapid removal of the unit's internal baffle plate, screen cylinder, and helical paddle/feed screw assembly.
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Uveils Phenylbutazone Testing Method
- Hinds-Bock Rolls Out Industrial Depositors
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Quick-Change
- Ruwac Introduces DS2-EX Explosion-Proof Vacuum
- Indeck releases high-tech steam boilers
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »