Sanitary Vibratory Classifier Separates Solids Into Three Fractions
Kason Corp.'s Vibroscreen Two-Deck Sanitary Classifier from Kason Corp. separates up to six tons per hour of bulk solid material into three fractions.
Measuring 30 in. (762 mm) in diameter, it classifies bulk chemicals, minerals, plastics, foods, dairy products, pharmaceuticals and other materials ranging from dry bulk solids to solids-laden slurries.
It is constructed of stainless steel with ground and polished welds, and equipped with sanitary epoxy-mounted screens. Quick-disconnect clamps between each screen frame provide rapid interior access for inspection, screen changes and wash down.
The dust-tight, gravity-fed unit contains two horizontal screens located one above the other in a vertical, cylindrical housing supported on a circular base by rugged springs. An imbalanced weight gyratory motor affixed to the housing imparts vibration.
Material to be separated is fed onto the center of the top screen, whose mesh is the largest. Oversize particles are moved to the screen periphery in a spiral pathway, and discharged through an extended spout, while the balance of material passes through the screen, onto the center of the next screen. In similar manner, on-size particles are moved to the periphery of the second screen and through another extended spout, while undersize particles pass through the screen onto a chute and through the third extended discharge spout.
The unit can operate on a batch or continuous basis, and is equipped with sanitary anti-blinding ball tray assemblies under both screen decks to dislodge near-size particles from screen apertures.
- Pick Heaters Offers Pilot-Scale and Production-Scale 3A Sanitary Heaters
- Flexicon Offers Flexi-Disc Tubular Cable Conveyors
- Brookfield Engineering Offers 90° Peel Fixture
- Hinds-Bock Pie Depositing Machinery Handles Entire Range of Pies
- Heat And Control Offers Micron-Pro Cooking Oil Filter
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »