Kellogg Co. Introduces Eggo FiberPlus Waffles
Fiber is forging a delicious path into the frozen-food aisle with the introduction of a new food product from Kellogg Co.: Eggo FiberPlus Waffles.
Battle Creek, Mich.-based Kellogg Co. recognizes that fiber is an important nutrient and that fewer than one in 10 Americans get enough of it on a daily basis, according to a survey of 1,006 adults by Caravan in November. Additionally, the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans call attention to fiber as a "nutrient of concern."
Eggo FiberPlus Waffles boasts a golden, crispy outside and warm, fluffy inside of traditional Eggo waffles while providing an excellent source of fiber -- satisfying 35 percent of the DRV in every tasty serving, " and they can help consumers close the fiber gap.
Varieties include Buttermilk, which offers 35 percent of the DRV of antioxidants vitamin E and zinc, and Chocolate Chip, which provides 20 percent. Both varieties are a good source of 10 or more vitamins and minerals.
"Eggo FiberPlus Waffles offer a simply delicious taste that consumers have come to expect from Eggo," says Cathy Schneck, VP marketing Kellogg Frozen Foods.
"Now they also provide the added nutrition benefits of fiber and either the antioxidants vitamin E and zinc or calcium."
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »