Kraft Foods Introduces Triple Double OreoOreo, a $1.5 billion brand, is the world's best-selling cookie by sales. After months of rumors and speculation, consumers can triple their pleasure and take snacking to new heights, thanks to East Hanover, N.J.-based Nabisco, a Kraft Foods brand, with the much-anticipated rollout of Triple Double Oreo.
Reminiscent of a Big Mac, it’s a three layered delight – three Oreo cookies divided by one layer of original vanilla cream and one layer of chocolate cream. Perfect for dunking as is, it’s also a double delight for twister consumers who remove the cookie and lick the cream separately. One serving (1 cookie) is 100 calories and contains a total of 4.5g of fat. That’s not bad if you can eat just one. Then again, calorie-conscious consumers can eat smaller dinner portions to make up for the treat.
It’s an American twist on Argentina’s incredibly popular Oreo X3 pronounced Por Tres) introduced in 2010. "The birthplace of Oreo is America, but it's one global cookie," says John Ghingo, senior director of global marketing, Oreo. "We're excited when we can take a popular idea in one country and share it with other Oreo fans around the world. It's ideas like this that have made Oreo the world's favorite cookie."
To help launch the new cookie, the brand enlisted the help of both fans and Team DSRL (Double Stuff Racing League), including Shaquille O'Neal, Eli Manning Venus Williams, Apolo Ohno and of course, Stufy, the DSRL mascot. New Oreo Double Stuf Racing League TV advertising will begin airing in early September.
"Now that I am retired I can spend more time perfecting my twist, lick and dunk skills, and with an added layer of creme and a third cookie, it's clear that I am going to need the practice," says O'Neal. "I am obviously the dunking expert, but I am working with the rest of Team DSRL to figure out the best way to compete with the Triple Double Oreo cookie."
Suggested retail price is $4.19 per package.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »