M.A. Gedney Co. Introduces New Crop of PicklesThe spring cucumber crop usually brings the first and largest fresh stock of the season. Pickle packer Chaska, Minn.-based M.A. Gedney Co. producer of Del Monte, Gedney and Cains brand pickles and relishes, introduces a "crop" of seven new products including a savory new Balsamic Muncher and reduced-sodium and sugar-free recipes.
Varieties include: Del Monte Sugar-Free Sweet Pickle Relish; Del Monte Sugar-Free Sweet Gherkin Pickles; Gedney Balsamic Munchers; Cains Reduced-Sodium Hamburger Chip; Cains Sugar-Free Bread & Butter (B&B) Chip; Cains Sugar-Free Sweet Relish; and Cains Balsamic Munchers.
"Pickles have long been a nutritious favorite food of which people are passionate," says Jim Cook, VP technical services. "Yet recently consumers have requested reduced-sodium and sugar-free options. We're proud to meet their demand without compromising the quality or flavor of our pickles."
The Reduced-Sodium Hamburger Chip recipe has a 25 percent reduction in sodium and the sugar-free varieties use the calorie-free sugar substitute sucralose, providing consumers with no-sugar sweet relish, B&B and gherkin choices.
Cains Pickle fans will also notice a fresh, eye-catching red label on new and existing products. The re-design claims a bolder presence on store shelves. And all three brands now include at-a-glance nutrition icons on the labels indicating sugar-free, gluten-free and low-carb, making it easier for shoppers to identify products that meet special dietary concerns.
"Gedney Co. has been producing premium selections on grocery shelves for nearly 130 years," says Joe Pinto, VP of sales. "The new recipes and updated labels are an example of our innovation in the pickle category. Plus we've included our cuke mascot; "Dilly", who is a great reminder for pickle fans to visit Dilly the Pickle online, to download recipes, get nutritional information and join the fun."
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »