Mars Introduces Marathon Smart Stuff Snack Bar
Mars Chocolate North America, Hackettstown, N.J., launches a new food product: the Marathon Smart Stuff Bar, a healthful snacking solution that provides balanced nutrition for active minds and bodies and includes wholesome ingredients, such as blueberries, cranberries and peanuts. Made with real chocolate, the bars are a snack the whole family can enjoy – at home, office, school or on the go.
With less than 35 percent calories from fat, 10 percent calories from saturated fat and less than 35 percent of weight from sugar, Marathon Smart Stuff Bar meets the Alliance for a Healthier Generation Competitive Food Guidelines for Snacks. It's also fortified with eight essential vitamins and minerals, is an excellent source of calcium and contains 3-5g of fiber per serving. Naturally low in sodium, the bar contains 140 calories or less per serving, 5g of whole grains and no high-fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners.
Varieties include Crunchy Multi Grain (which replaces the current Marathon Crunchy Multi Grain Snack Size Bar), Crunchy Chocolate Crisp, Crunchy Honey Graham and Crunchy Trail Mix.
Incidentally, Marathon is the Official Energy Bar of the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon series. Sponsoring all 19 race events allows the Mars brand to reach more than 1.2 million of its target consumers, further increasing the its position as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Suggested retail price for a 1.23-oz. single is 89 cents, and eight-count multi-packs retail for $6.99.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »