PepsiCo and Unilever Team Up to Introduce 100% Natural Lipton Iced TeaHot time, summer in the city, is the ideal time for a cool and healthy beverage. As the natural food and beverage category grows and consumers believe that "natural" is a key indicator for health and wellness, Lipton Iced Tea -- a product of the Pepsi Lipton Tea Partnership, a joint venture between Purchase, N.Y.-based PepsiCo and Unilever, Englewood Cliffs, N.J. -- launches 100% Natural Lipton Iced Tea, a new line of beverages with a simple, all-natural ingredient list (tea, real sugar and natural flavors).
Varieties include: Green Tea with Citrus and Iced Tea with Lemon, as well as two new flavors—Iced Tea with Blueberry Pomegranate and Green Tea with Passionfruit Mango. Dieters will enjoy Diet Green Tea with Watermelon and Diet Green Tea with Citrus flavor, both free of artificial colors and flavors.
"We pride ourselves on our innovation and continue to remain at the forefront of meeting consumers' needs," says Mary Barnard, vice president and general manager of the Pepsi Lipton Tea Partnership. "In fact, research says that, in 2010, ready-to-drink tea was the fastest growing category in the Liquid Refreshment Beverage market." And she adds, "We know tea, and our new 100% Natural Lipton Iced Tea line, which includes refreshing new flavors, offers yet another way for people to enjoy tea."
Suggested retail price for a 20-oz bottle is 99 to $1.59.
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »