Oberto Introduces All Natural Jerky Snacks
Consumers seeking more healthful snack options have something to cheer about, thanks to Oberto Brands, Kent, Wash. With the rollout of Oh Boy! Oberto All Natural Jerky, Oberto is the first major jerky brand to shift to an all-natural focus to respond to the consumer demand for better-for-you foods, particularly among grab-and-go packaged snacks.
Oh Boy! Oberto All Natural Jerky features a new recipe, the brand’s biggest product overhaul in 12 years, using only simple, all-natural ingredients, which result in a flavorful, hearty jerky that is seasoned, smoked and dried naturally. There are no preservatives, no artificial flavors, no added MSG and has 30 percent less sodium than comparable products. Ingredients are limited to beef (or pork, or turkey), sugar, water, beef stock, salt, spices and natural flavorings, natural smoke flavor and vinegar. They’re also gluten-free.
Varieties include: Original Beef Jerky, Peppered Beef Jerky, Hickory Beef Jerky, and BBQ Pork Jerky. Also available are Teriyaki Turkey Jerky and Teriyaki Beef Jerky.
“Jerky has long been a popular high-protein snack, but most products on the market also contained a lot of artificial ingredients -- the big ones being hydolyzed vegetable protein and corn syrup – so it wasn’t all that good for you,” says Tom Ennis CEO of Oberto Brands “Oberto’s new All Natural Jerky line is much better tasting, has an improved, richer texture and is a much more healthful option for snackers. It’s simple – when you use more pure, wholesome ingredients, you get a better product with better taste.”
Suggested retail price for a 3.25-oz. package is $5.99. Also available are 1.5-oz. and 9.0-oz. sizes.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »