Peter Pan Flies In To Deliver Natural Peanut Butter Spreads
Seemingly untouched by the recession, the natural segment is driving growth in the peanut butter category, as dollar sales increased 9.4 percent this year, according to SymphonyIRI Group. Currently, natural peanut butter accounts for 17 percent of all peanut butter sales.
In response, ConAgra Foods Inc., Omaha, Neb., rolls out Peter Pan 100% Natural. "Peter Pan is already the fastest growing peanut butter brand with dollar sales increasing more than 6 percent this year," says Karl Sears, vice president and general manager of ConAgra Foods. "We expect even more sales momentum as more people begin to incorporate natural foods into their diets."
All three no-stir varieties -- Natural Creamy, Natural Crunchy and Natural Honey Roast Creamy -- are made with 100 percent natural ingredients and contain no high-fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, trans fat or preservatives.
"Some natural peanut butters are perceived as being too expensive, difficult to stir and having oily pooling on top," adds Sears. "Peter Pan Natural peanut butter spreads were developed to directly address these consumer barriers by offering the brand's perfect blend of 'peanutty' taste at a great value. Priced the same as the original Peter Pan varieties, there's no need to stir and no pooling on top."
Suggested retail price is $2.21 for a 16.3-oz. jar and $3.67 for a 28-oz. jar. (Natural Crunchy is currently available only in the 16.3-oz size.)
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »