Regional Flavors Spawn New Products for Reser's Fine Foods in the DeliEthnic and regional flavors are hot trends, so Beaverton Ore. –based Reser's Fine Foods introduces three new East Coast favorites to its American Classics deli salad line. If you grew up in Baltimore, Boston or points in between, you'll remember the great tastes of Amish Potato Salad, Amish Macaroni Salad, and Homestyle (White) Potato Salad.
"We listen to our consumers in all 50 states and Canada," says Teresa Carter, category manager for Reser's deli salads. "They tell us that they crave the local and home-made flavors they grew up with. These newest deli salads are proven to be well suited for the East Coast palate."
Each Reser's American Classics deli salad item is certified Kosher and meets national standards for lower sodium content. They are available in convenient 16-oz or party-size 3-lb tubs.
Like barbecue sauces or soft drinks, Americans tend to prefer flavor profiles they were raised on, and typically these vary widely across geographic regions, according to Carter.
Typically, West Coast customers enjoy slightly sweet, lighter yellow potato salads with vegetables and garnishes. They are more likely to try upscale, specialty or gourmet items such as red potato or loaded potato salads such as Reser's Red Potato Salad. Midwest folks prefer their potato salad dressing with a sweet tart profile, sometimes with a strong pickle relish and vegetable garnishes, such as Reser's Deviled Egg Potato Salad. Real Southerners like salads with heavily mixed potatoes, bright yellow mustard and sweeter flavor profile, ala Reser's Mustard Potato Salad. In the Southeast, very sweet, soft, bland, yellow potato salad is preferred with salad dressing or a mayonnaise blend, such as Reser's new Amish Potato Salad. And simple rules in the Northeast are for white diced or sliced potato with a bland mayonnaise based dressing and very little color without added vegetables or eggs. Reser's Homestyle Potato Salad wins fans at the picnic table every time.
Suggested retail prices are $2.99 for 16-oz to $6.99 for the 3-lb tub.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »