Reser's Rolls Out Chef-Inspired Salad Kits
Beaverton Ore.-based Reser's rolls out eight Chef Inspired Salad Kits with on trend flavors. Varieties include: Creamy Pesto Gemelli; Fruit & Nut Couscous; Curry Chickpea; Loaded Antipasto; Mediterranean Orzo; Thai Peanut Yakisoba with BBQ Pork; Buffalo Chicken; and Tandoori Chicken & Curry.
Bulk deli salads account for 64 percent of all dollar sales in the retail deli salads category and are projected to grow in both sales and volume, according the Perishables Group.
"We've seen a shift in the deli bulk salad business," says Teresa Carter, category manager for Reser's deli salads.
"Retailers continue to expand their menus to include a wide variety of produce and protein salads. Upscale flavors and healthy salads may have started in gourmet grocery stores, but now play a major role behind the glass at mainstream retailers nationwide."
Each kit component is pre-measured and pre-cooked requiring minimal labor and preparation, cutting down on shrink, providing greater consistency, and easier to manage inventory. Variety in texture and ingredients create a made-from-scratch appearance. Retailers can sell these salads behind-the-case or as grab-and-go items.
Suggested retail price per pound is $3.99.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »