Roland Foods Rolls Out Kaniwa Super Grain
Much like its cousin Quinoa, Kañiwa, pronounced "ka-nyi-wa," is a super grain. Both Kañiwa and Quinoa are members of the goosefoot family, and the tiny grain that we eat is actually the plant's seed. Grown high in the Peruvian Andes, it was a staple grain of the ancient Aztec and Incan cultures. Kañiwa is prized for its ability to thrive in the harsh climate and for its nutritional content. Each grain is one-third the size of a quinoa grain, but is higher than any grain in protein (16 percent). It also contains fiber, and antioxidant density, significant levels of calcium, zinc, and iron.
Now Kañiwa is available from New York City-based American Roland Foods Corp. With its clear health benefits and sweet, nutty flavor, it is a delicious & nutritious choice for any meal. You can cook it up for breakfast with sliced fruit, or the mild flavor of Kañiwa makes it ideal for both sweet and savory dishes.
Naturally gluten-free, Kañiwa is a tasty and healthy grain for a gluten-free diet. It is also a complete protein, containing all nine essential amino acids in correct proportion, which makes it an excellent choice for a vegetarian diet, as well
The suggested retail price for a 12-oz box is $5.75.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »