Roland Foods Rolls Out Kaniwa Super Grain
Much like its cousin Quinoa, Kañiwa, pronounced "ka-nyi-wa," is a super grain. Both Kañiwa and Quinoa are members of the goosefoot family, and the tiny grain that we eat is actually the plant's seed. Grown high in the Peruvian Andes, it was a staple grain of the ancient Aztec and Incan cultures. Kañiwa is prized for its ability to thrive in the harsh climate and for its nutritional content. Each grain is one-third the size of a quinoa grain, but is higher than any grain in protein (16 percent). It also contains fiber, and antioxidant density, significant levels of calcium, zinc, and iron.
Now Kañiwa is available from New York City-based American Roland Foods Corp. With its clear health benefits and sweet, nutty flavor, it is a delicious & nutritious choice for any meal. You can cook it up for breakfast with sliced fruit, or the mild flavor of Kañiwa makes it ideal for both sweet and savory dishes.
Naturally gluten-free, Kañiwa is a tasty and healthy grain for a gluten-free diet. It is also a complete protein, containing all nine essential amino acids in correct proportion, which makes it an excellent choice for a vegetarian diet, as well
The suggested retail price for a 12-oz box is $5.75.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »