Seneca Foods Introduces Seneca Farms Portable OatmealAccording to a 2011 Children's Nutrition Survey of 4,349 adults ages 18 and older, including 486 mothers, conducted online in February by Harris Interactive on behalf of Seneca Farms, the majority of U.S. adults say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but nearly half (45 percent) say the primary reason they don't eat breakfast is lack of time.
Other findings include: 67 percent of adults who regularly skip breakfast agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, nearly 60 percent of U.S. moms admit their child skips breakfast, More than half wish their child ate a more nutritious breakfast, and 48 percent of American women say they're either too tired or don't have enough time to eat breakfast.
To assist time-impaired parents, Modesto, Calif.-based Seneca Foods Corp. launches Seneca Farms Oatmeal & Fruit, a quick to prepare, portable and nutritious oatmeal that provides an excellent source of vitamin C, real fruit chunks and contains no trans fat or cholesterol. No milk or water is needed; it takes only 45 seconds to prepare in the microwave, and it is packaged in 6-oz microwaveable cups. Varieties include Apple Cinnamon and Vanilla Peach.
"Our survey makes it clear that parents need to understand how easy it can be to prepare a quick and nutritious breakfast for themselves and their families," says Kathy Sheldon, VP category management, Seneca Foods Corp. "We think Oatmeal & Fruit answers that need with great taste and convenience. Seneca Farms will continue to strive to provide "good for you" products like Oatmeal & Fruit that are easy for Americans to fit into their busy lifestyles."
Suggested retail price for a 2-pack size is $2.49 to $2.89, and it is available nationally at Walmart and other retailers.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »