Special K Renovates Cereal Bars, Adds Two New Dessert-Inspired Flavors
Kellogg Co., Battle Creek, Mich., recognizes the importance of providing positive nutrition for weight-conscious consumers. With that in mind, the Special K brand renovated its cereal bar portfolio to provide a good source of fiber (3g) and added two new dessert-inspired flavors -- Special K Chocolatey Chip Cookie and Special K Raspberry Cheesecake -- to give consumers even more to love at only 90 calories.
Fiber is an important nutrient, yet fewer than one in 10 Americans get enough on a daily basis. Furthermore, studies show that consumption of fiber is associated with lower body weight measures in U.S. adults. With 3g of fiber included in each of the new and reformulated varieties, Special K cereal bars will continue to help weight managers stick to their goals, but with the added benefit of more fiber.
In addition, many of consumers' favorite Special K bars have received a fiber boost, including Special K Blueberry, Special K Chocolatey Drizzle, Special K Chocolatey Pretzel, Special K Honey Nut, Special K Peaches & Berries, Special K Strawberry and Special K Vanilla Crisp.
"We're excited to add more options with positive nutrition to our portfolio of weight-management snacks," says Marisa Thompson, director of Kellogg Wholesome Snacks. "Special K continues to provide a simple solution to help consumers jump-start their realistic, attainable weight management goals with great-tasting foods."
Suggested retail price for six bars is $2.99.
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »