Splenda Essentials No Calorie Sweetener Products Adds Vitamins to the Mix
Consumers these days are increasingly aware of the vitamins, minerals and nutrients needed to maintain a healthy diet, and are looking for new and easier ways to meet their recommended daily intake.
McNeil Nutritionals LLC, Fort Washington, Pa., launches Splenda Essentials No Calorie Sweetener Products, a new food and beverage product line with three smart ways to sweeten:
- Splenda Essentials No Calorie Sweetener with B Vitamins
- Splenda Essentials No Calorie Sweetener with Antioxidants
- (previously introduced) Splenda Essentials No Calorie Sweetener 1g of Fiber (in packets and granulated form).
This premium line gives consumers a calorie-free way to add a small boost of essential vitamins and nutrients in each packet or teaspoon and a way to add a little more than just "sweetness" to foods and beverages.
With 20 percent of the DV of vitamins B1 (thiamine), B5 (pantothenic acid) and B6 (pyridoxine) per packet, Splenda Essentials with B Vitamins helps a healthy metabolism. Splenda Essentials with Antioxidants can bring consumers closer to meeting their daily vitamin C and E needs -- one packet contains 20 percent of the DV of C and E. Splenda Essentials 1g of Fiber also comes in a granulated/bulk form, allowing consumers to get a small boost of fiber while cooking and baking. The granulated form contains 3g of soluble fiber per tablespoon.
"Building off the success of our Splenda No Calorie Sweetener with Fiber product, we're thrilled to launch the new Splenda Essentials Sweetener Product line, giving consumers an entire line of products that offer additional nutritional benefits, like B vitamins to help support a healthy metabolism," says Fred Tewell, group product director for Splenda Sweetener Products. "Consumers may not focus on getting all their recommended vitamins in a day, but they never forget to sweeten their coffee – these products are all about helping people make small, good-for-you choices each day so that they can get closer to meeting their health goals."
Suggested retail price for all three varieties (in 80-count boxes of packets) is $4.29. Splenda Essentials with Fiber is also available in a 1.6 lb.-carton with a pour spout ($4.99) and a 3 lb.-resealable bag ($7.49).
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »