Splenda Essentials No Calorie Sweetener Products Adds Vitamins to the Mix
Consumers these days are increasingly aware of the vitamins, minerals and nutrients needed to maintain a healthy diet, and are looking for new and easier ways to meet their recommended daily intake.
McNeil Nutritionals LLC, Fort Washington, Pa., launches Splenda Essentials No Calorie Sweetener Products, a new food and beverage product line with three smart ways to sweeten:
- Splenda Essentials No Calorie Sweetener with B Vitamins
- Splenda Essentials No Calorie Sweetener with Antioxidants
- (previously introduced) Splenda Essentials No Calorie Sweetener 1g of Fiber (in packets and granulated form).
This premium line gives consumers a calorie-free way to add a small boost of essential vitamins and nutrients in each packet or teaspoon and a way to add a little more than just "sweetness" to foods and beverages.
With 20 percent of the DV of vitamins B1 (thiamine), B5 (pantothenic acid) and B6 (pyridoxine) per packet, Splenda Essentials with B Vitamins helps a healthy metabolism. Splenda Essentials with Antioxidants can bring consumers closer to meeting their daily vitamin C and E needs -- one packet contains 20 percent of the DV of C and E. Splenda Essentials 1g of Fiber also comes in a granulated/bulk form, allowing consumers to get a small boost of fiber while cooking and baking. The granulated form contains 3g of soluble fiber per tablespoon.
"Building off the success of our Splenda No Calorie Sweetener with Fiber product, we're thrilled to launch the new Splenda Essentials Sweetener Product line, giving consumers an entire line of products that offer additional nutritional benefits, like B vitamins to help support a healthy metabolism," says Fred Tewell, group product director for Splenda Sweetener Products. "Consumers may not focus on getting all their recommended vitamins in a day, but they never forget to sweeten their coffee – these products are all about helping people make small, good-for-you choices each day so that they can get closer to meeting their health goals."
Suggested retail price for all three varieties (in 80-count boxes of packets) is $4.29. Splenda Essentials with Fiber is also available in a 1.6 lb.-carton with a pour spout ($4.99) and a 3 lb.-resealable bag ($7.49).
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »