Wild Planet Foods Introduces Its Sustainable Catch Of The DayPracticing strict quality control from hook to shelf, Wild Planet Foods, McKinleyville, Calif., introduces Sustainable Seas, a sustainably caught and affordable line of canned tuna.
Wild Planet's exclusive use of pole and troll fishing techniques prevents the destruction of ocean habitats and eliminates the bycatch of sea turtles, seabirds, sharks and other fish commonly killed or wounded by longline methods. At Wild Planet Foods, tuna is individually caught and packed in BPA-free cans.
Packed with no additional water, oil, preservatives or chemicals, there is 45 percent more tuna by weight in each 5-oz can, and they are OU Kosher certified. Two varieties are available in both salted and no salt added varieties. They include Solid Albacore Tuna — features the added benefits of three times the omega-3 content (2,320mg omega-3 per can) and one-third the mercury as compared to conventional brands, and Solid Light Tuna.
"Sustainably-caught seafood should be accessible to everyone," says Bill Carvalho, Wild Planet Foods' founder, president and seafood industry veteran. "Designed for consumers interested in protecting our fish population and the environment, Sustainable Seas is packed in water and value priced at the same cost as conventional tuna brands but comes from 100% sustainable sources."
Suggested retail price for Solid Albacore is $3.29, and Solid Light is $2.49.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »