Unilever's Magnum Ice Cream Bars Cool Down The U.S. This Summer
On April 21 during the Tribeca Film Festival, Unilever USA, Englewood Cliffs, N.J., debuted three vignettes by Karl Lagerfeld (fashion designer, artist and photographer) to mark the introduction of Magnum super-premium ice cream bars. Although new to the U.S. market, the line has been recognized globally for 21 years as a symbol of indulgent pleasure.
- Classic (vanilla bean ice cream dipped in a thick layer of Belgian milk chocolate)
- Almond (vanilla bean ice cream covered in Belgian milk chocolate with crunchy almonds)
- Double Caramel (vanilla bean ice cream enrobed in a chocolaty coating, rich caramel sauce and Belgian milk chocolate)
- Double Chocolate (chocolate ice cream enrobed in a chocolaty coating, chocolaty sauce and Belgian milk chocolate)
- White (vanilla bean ice cream in a layer of Belgian white chocolate)
- Dark (vanilla bean ice cream dipped in 60 percent cacao Belgian dark chocolate).
Yes, they are caloric (240-350), but worth every one.
"The exceptional taste and fine quality of Magnum ice cream has left an indelible mark on the collective palate of discerning consumers around the world," says Brian Manning, vice president of brand building in the ice cream division at Unilever. "Karl Lagerfeld has inspired women to pursue the pleasures of fashion and life gracefully for decades. We intuitively knew he would carry that same mentality to the set. His creative vision brings the pleasure of enjoying Magnum ice cream to life in an inspirational, beautiful art form."
In the sensory-rich films, actress Rachel Bilson plays the heroine in three vignettes. "Photo Mood" features her as an annoyed famous model, who finds the pleasure she's been seeking in the form of a smooth and delicious Magnum ice cream bar. In "Applause" she is a world-renowned prima ballerina who, when unexpectedly faced with an over-zealous throng of fans and the amorous embrace of her boyfriend, played by internationally renowned model Baptiste Giabiconi, evades them all to savor a moment for herself by enjoying a Magnum bar. In "Art Class," she is an art student obsessed by her strong desire for a Magnum ice cream bar, and is then inspired to create a beautiful work of art as she satisfies her craving.
"The Magnum campaign reminds women that pleasure is theirs for the taking," says Manning. "They just need to reach for it."
Suggested retail price is $2.59, or $3.99 for a three-count multi-pack.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »