V8 Takes A Shot At The Energy Drink Category
Campbell Soup Co., Camden, N.J., expands its V8 franchise by taking on the energy drink category with V8 V-Fusion + Energy drinks and V8 Energy Shots.
Providing healthier alternatives to most energy drinks on the market today, the two new beverages provide one combined serving of vegetables and fruit as well as a natural energy boost from green tea extract.
V8 V-Fusion + Energy drinks, available in pomegranate/blueberry and peach/mango flavors, are made with a blend of vegetable and fruit juices plus natural green tea. Each single-serving, 8-oz. can contains 80mg of caffeine, has 50 calories, provides an excellent source of B vitamins, and does not contain added sugar.
V8 Energy Shots are a naturally powered shot of 100 percent vegetable and fruit juices combined with green tea extract, providing natural caffeine comparable to an 8-oz cup of the leading premium coffee. The convenient 2.5-oz. shots also are nutritious; they are the only energy shot to offer a unique blend of nine vegetable and fruit juices. Each V8 Energy Shot also provides an excellent source of important vitamins including antioxidant vitamins A, C & E, and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12, which support metabolism.
"We are branching into the energy drink market with the kinds of nutritious beverages that V8 is known to deliver," says Dale Clemiss, vice president of V8 beverages. "People can now feel good about drinking an energy drink or shot with a combined serving of vegetables and fruit and powered naturally by green tea."
Suggested retail price for a six-pack of the V8 Fusion & Energy drinks (available at Walmart) is $3.98. V8 Energy Shots are available only in Colorado, Florida and Minnesota at this time at $2.99 per 2.5-oz shot and $4.99 for a two-pack.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »