Weaver Popcorn Co. Introduces Microwave Popcorn Made With Olive Oil
Weaver Popcorn Co. Inc., Noblesville, Ind., introduces Weaver Gold, the first microwave popcorn brand made with olive oil. Two delicious flavors – Movie Theater Butter and Parmesan with Italian Herbs & Garlic -- are available. And coming soon to your home theatre, you can look forward to Light Butter and Classic Butter.
Using olive oil instead of other types of oil means Weaver Gold popcorn is significantly lower in saturated fat. And both Weaver Gold flavors contain 0g trans fat per serving. Olive oil, which is high in monounsaturated fatty acids, helps to protect against heart disease because it controls LDL cholesterol levels, while raising HDL cholesterol. In addition, olive oil is high in polyphenols. Since it is 100 percent whole grain, popcorn is also a good source of fiber.
"Since popcorn is all we make, we are continually working to add new flavors to our line and make microwave popcorn healthier," says Mike Weaver, president and CEO. "Movie Theater Butter is a perennial favorite flavor, but we think popcorn lovers will be especially excited about new Parmesan with Italian Herbs & Garlic. That flavor gives a gourmet twist to microwave popcorn."
Suggested retail price for a six-pack of Movie Theatre Butter Flavor is $3, and a four-pack of Italian Herbs and Garlic is $2.
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »