Weaver Popcorn Co. Introduces Microwave Popcorn Made With Olive Oil
Weaver Popcorn Co. Inc., Noblesville, Ind., introduces Weaver Gold, the first microwave popcorn brand made with olive oil. Two delicious flavors – Movie Theater Butter and Parmesan with Italian Herbs & Garlic -- are available. And coming soon to your home theatre, you can look forward to Light Butter and Classic Butter.
Using olive oil instead of other types of oil means Weaver Gold popcorn is significantly lower in saturated fat. And both Weaver Gold flavors contain 0g trans fat per serving. Olive oil, which is high in monounsaturated fatty acids, helps to protect against heart disease because it controls LDL cholesterol levels, while raising HDL cholesterol. In addition, olive oil is high in polyphenols. Since it is 100 percent whole grain, popcorn is also a good source of fiber.
"Since popcorn is all we make, we are continually working to add new flavors to our line and make microwave popcorn healthier," says Mike Weaver, president and CEO. "Movie Theater Butter is a perennial favorite flavor, but we think popcorn lovers will be especially excited about new Parmesan with Italian Herbs & Garlic. That flavor gives a gourmet twist to microwave popcorn."
Suggested retail price for a six-pack of Movie Theatre Butter Flavor is $3, and a four-pack of Italian Herbs and Garlic is $2.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »