3M Food Safety Introduces Molecular Detection System for Foodborne Pathogens3M Molecular Detection System's is based on a combination of technologies involving isothermal DNA amplification and bioluminescence detection. The system delivers highly sensitive results by targeting and amplifying nucleic acid in enriched samples. Automated technology has been evaluated with a variety of food types, including produce, meats, processed foods, pet food and food processing-related environmental samples.
According to 3M, numerous organisms can be tested in a single run. The system was designed to "help customers perform fewer repeat tests and make critical decisions faster."
As part of the 3M Molecular Detection System platform, individual, pathogen-specific assays, or procedural tests, will be sold as a test kits. Each assay test kit uses the same software interface and same DNA extraction protocol for testing between one and 96 samples per run.
- Heat And Control Offers Micron-Pro Cooking Oil Filter
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Rolls Out Industrial Depositors
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Quick-Change
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Uveils Phenylbutazone Testing Method
- Ruwac Introduces DS2-EX Explosion-Proof Vacuum
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »