Act II Popcorn Transports Ethnic Flavors To The U.S.
ConAgra Foods, Omaha, Neb., brings its most popular south-of-the border microwave popcorn flavors -- Act II Queso Jalapeño and Salsa Valentina – to the U.S. Movie viewing at home and in some movie theatres will never be the same.
Consumers are seeking bolder flavors from their snacks, according to IRI. Hot and spicy new items are outpacing category growth. In fact, 17 percent of the salty snack category consists of hot and spicy products, a trend ConAgra Foods is leveraging across its portfolio of snacks with new flavors.
Valentina is the most popular snack sauce in Mexico, where nearly half of all consumers use it to flavor their popcorn. Through a partnership with the brand, Act II now makes it easier for U.S. consumers to enjoy the Salsa Valentina taste by providing a pour-over packet of Salsa Valentina flavor with the popcorn.
"The Hispanic consumer base is the fastest growing in the U.S., so it makes sense for us to bring these top-selling flavors to our consumers here," says Jeff Caswell, brand director. "We're offering these new flavors in single packs so consumers looking for a bolder snack can give them a try."
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »