Hillshire Brands Introduces Ball Park Flame Grilled Patties
Hillshire Brands Co., Downers Grove, Ill., the new name for Sara Lee, reaches out of the tube steak category with Ball Park Flame Grilled Patties. The fully cooked patties, made with 100 percent beef, are flame-grilled and then flash-frozen, locking in that "just off the grill" taste. The new product launch also marks the extension of the Ball Park brand into the frozen food aisle. Three varieties include Beef, Beef & Onion and Beef & Cheese.
While claiming the new Flame Grilled Patties are quintessential guy food, Hillshire execs also note they meet the needs of consumers looking to enjoy a perfectly seasoned grilled burger at any time. Eliminating the need to fire up the grill to cook just one or two burgers, the patties are easy to prepare and go from microwave to plate in about a minute. So they provide a quick and hearty guy-time food, snack for hungry teens or a last-minute dinner idea for the entire family.
"Ball Park's entry into the $400 million frozen burger category is the next step to advancing our strategy of expanding from the No. 1 beef hot dog into a leading brand in the guy food space," says Aaron Alt, general manager of the Ball Park brand. "The new Flame Grilled Patties really deliver on quality and taste, and are also incredibly convenient, something consumers have come to rely on from Ball Park."
Suggested retail price for a resealable six-count package is $8.29.
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »