Barilla Rolls Out Single Serve Microwaveable Meals
Barilla America, Bannockburn, Ill., rolls out a line of Barilla Microwaveable Meals, single servings of pasta and sauce that are ready to eat after just 60 seconds in the microwave. They deliver the Italian taste and quality people have come to expect from Barilla in a shelf stable and portable meal.
Made with all natural ingredients and no preservatives, these meals provide 10-11g of protein, are an excellent source of fiber, and the two whole grain varieties also provide a good source of iron. And they are 320 calories or less.
Shelf stable for 12 months, the pasta and sauce are stored in separate trays, allowing consumers to customize their meals. Varieties include: Mezze Penne with Traditional Marinara Sauce; Mezze Penne with Tomato & Basil Sauce; Mezze Penne with Spicy Marinara Sauce; and two whole-grain varieties -- Whole Grain Fusilli with Vegetable Marinara Sauce and Whole Grain Mezze Penne with Tomato & Basil Sauce.
"Developed with busy professionals in mind, Barilla microwavable meals are shelf stable so you can throw them into your bag on your way out the door, or keep a supply in your desk drawer," says Giannella Alvarez, president of Barilla America. "We wanted to reinvent shelf stable meals with product superiority and quality ingredients that are all natural and have no preservatives. This way, a delicious and nutritious meal is conveniently available anytime and anywhere."
Suggested retail price per 9-oz. package is $3.29.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now Ľ
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now Ľ