Barilla Rolls Out Single Serve Microwaveable Meals
Barilla America, Bannockburn, Ill., rolls out a line of Barilla Microwaveable Meals, single servings of pasta and sauce that are ready to eat after just 60 seconds in the microwave. They deliver the Italian taste and quality people have come to expect from Barilla in a shelf stable and portable meal.
Made with all natural ingredients and no preservatives, these meals provide 10-11g of protein, are an excellent source of fiber, and the two whole grain varieties also provide a good source of iron. And they are 320 calories or less.
Shelf stable for 12 months, the pasta and sauce are stored in separate trays, allowing consumers to customize their meals. Varieties include: Mezze Penne with Traditional Marinara Sauce; Mezze Penne with Tomato & Basil Sauce; Mezze Penne with Spicy Marinara Sauce; and two whole-grain varieties -- Whole Grain Fusilli with Vegetable Marinara Sauce and Whole Grain Mezze Penne with Tomato & Basil Sauce.
"Developed with busy professionals in mind, Barilla microwavable meals are shelf stable so you can throw them into your bag on your way out the door, or keep a supply in your desk drawer," says Giannella Alvarez, president of Barilla America. "We wanted to reinvent shelf stable meals with product superiority and quality ingredients that are all natural and have no preservatives. This way, a delicious and nutritious meal is conveniently available anytime and anywhere."
Suggested retail price per 9-oz. package is $3.29.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now Ľ
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now Ľ