Bhakti Chai Introduces Single Serve SoymilkBoulder, Colo.-based Bhakti Chai launches four ready-to-drink, single serving iced Chai Blends, all blended with organic non-GMO verified soymilk in on-the-go in 16-oz glass bottles. Varieties include Original, Decaf, Coffee Blend (combining organic coffee with the gingery cardamom flavors of Bhakti), and Semi-Sweet.
Bhakti Chai's authentic, unabashed Masala chai recipe is packed with fresh-pressed certified organic ginger and 100 percent Fair Trade Certified ingredients. According to a 2011 MarketResearch.com report, sales of canned and ready-to-serve tea drinks are showing a strong upward trend, especially in natural foods stores. The study found that due to the rising consumer demand of Fair Trade Certified teas -- especially specialty teas such as chai -- U.S. sales of tea and ready-to-drink tea products is expected to reach $8.3 billion by 2014.
"Bhakti has been brewing fresh, spicy chai at our own brewery, with a commitment to organic ingredients and sustainable packaging, since 2006," says Founder and CEO Brook Eddy, who created the Bhakti recipe after a three-month sojourn in India. "Creating a surprisingly real and spiced beverage that was perfect for fast enjoyment was the next logical step in our chai revolution."
True to the company's name, Bhakti in Sanskrit means "devotion through social action." Bhakti Chai's commitment to socially responsible business practices extends beyond the bottle and cup. In 2011, Bhakti Chai gave over $45,000 to local and international nonprofit organizations that serve women and girls. These organizations include the Global Fund for Women, The Gathering Place and Urgent Action Fund.
Suggested retail price is $3.29 per bottle.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »