Celestial Seasonings Harnesses Kombucha For EnergyThe energy shot category in the U.S. grew 30 percent between 2010 and 2011, according to Mintel, demonstrating the demand for products that help consumers feel vibrant and alert throughout their busy days.
Boulder, Colo.-based Celestial Seasonings, a brand of the Hain Celestial Group Inc. rolls out all-natural Kombucha Energy Shots, to fill a void within the energy shot and beverage categories by combining B vitamins and energizing botanicals, like ginseng and caffeine from guarana, with the revitalizing effects of kombucha, a fermented black tea that contains naturally occurring enzymes, probiotic cultures and beneficial acids. They are vegan and gluten-free.
Celestial Seasonings Kombucha Energy Shots are made from the brand's authentic, live, raw kombucha, with an added proprietary blend of energizing ingredients like caffeine from guarana, B vitamins and ginseng. The combination delivers an all-natural energy boost consumers can feel good about – just shake, shoot and feel the energy. They are available in three flavor varieties – Citrus, Berry and, for users who desire an added boost, Pomegranate Xtreme which is fortified with additional caffeine from guarana and B vitamins.
"For Americans who go from work to the gym to their kids' birthday parties, rejuvenating their energy in a healthy, natural way is a very appealing concept," says Kombucha Energy Shots product manager Christy Brown. "Our new energy shots are a perfect solution for consumers who want to give their energy a natural boost consistently without artificial ingredients or more sugar and calories than they want."
Available at Whole Foods Market, suggested retail price for single-serve 2-oz bottles is $2.99.
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »