Clif Bar & Co. Introduces Clif Kit's OrganicTo celebrate its 20th anniversary, Emeryville, Calif.-based Clif Bar & Co. introduces Clif Kit's Organic, a snack bar made with 100 percent organic fruit and nuts. It is gluten-, soy- and dairy-free, contains no added sugar, low glycemic, free of trans fats, partially hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors and preservatives, and a good source of fiber.
Available in four delicious varieties -- Berry Almond, Cashew, Chocolate Almond Coconut and Peanut Butter, each bar offers a three-fourths serving of organic fruit at just 200 calories or less.
Inspired by Kit Crawford, co-CEO of Clif Bar & Co., Kit's Organic contains just a handful of simple ingredients. The bar's blend of organic fruit and nuts draws upon Kit's life experiences on her family farm and in her kitchen, where she developed a passion for organic ingredients and handcrafted food. Her appreciation for organic food began at a very young age, when her parents instilled in her the values of growing your own food and caring for the land. Picking fruit right off the trees and enjoying long, leisurely family meals are the occasions that inspired Kit's Organic – simple moments and simple ingredients.
"When I stepped back to think about what I'd want in a new snack, I knew it had to be organic, it had to be made with simple ingredients and it had to be delicious," says Crawford.
Suggested retail price is $1.59.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »