Earthbound Farm Introduces Organic Snacks With Big Bold Taste
Little kids, teens and adults do it at school, at work and even while driving or on-the-go. Yes, snacking is a national pastime growing in popularity. Organic snack sales are growing at 7.2 percent, compared with sales of conventional snacks, pacing at just 4.3 percent, according to the Organic Trade Association So Earthbound Farm, San Bautista, Calif., introduces Organic Snack Mixes with the intention of making organic food an accessible, practical and affordable choice for today's budget- and health-conscious consumers. Discerning snackers will enjoy a combination of USDA-certified organic dried fruit, nuts and savory spices with no added sweeteners and no artificial anything.
Bold varieties include: Roasted Tamari Cherry Almond (flax seed clusters, dried sweet cherries, roasted, salted soy nuts and tamari almonds), Cracked Black Pepper CranWalnut (sweet and spicy walnuts, dry roasted cashews, dried tart cherries, sweet raisins, dried cranberries and tamari sunflower seeds) and Mandala Spice Coconut Cashew (Mandala spice cashews, roasted almonds, sweet raisins and toasted coconut).
"Based on our consumer research, we saw a real opportunity in the market for a boldly flavored, highly nutritious organic snack mix that would delight even the most gourmet shopper's taste buds while being accessibly priced," says Chief Marketing Officer Judy Chen. "We are excited to bring rich flavors and certified organic ingredients to the snack mix category."
Suggested retail price for a 3.75-oz. resealable package is $3.99.
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »