Frito-Lay Rolls Out Doritos Jacked
Frito-Lay North America, Plano, Texas, a business unit of PepsiCo Inc., rolls out Doritos Jacked tortilla chips, which are 40 percent bigger in size and thickness (the better to scoop up dips) than regular Doritos. They deliver a one-two punch of intense flavors upfront followed by a twist of spice or tanginess that packs the ultimate crunch in two flavors, Enchilada Supreme and Smoky Chipotle BBQ.
Doritos Jacked were introduced in March at the South by Southwest Music Conference and Festival in Austin, Texas. Their giant vending machine, six stories tall, doubled as a concert venue (The Jacked Stage). It was meant to demonstrate Doritos Jacked are literally the biggest Doritos innovation ever. And attendees earned larger-than-life Doritos-branded quarters that could be inserted into the giant Doritos Jacked vending machine to “buy” product and special prizes.
"The biggest Doritos tortilla chip ever deserves the biggest launch ever," explained Ram Krishnan, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay North America. "Before we bring this amped up Doritos snacking experience to consumers nationwide, we wanted to take it right to our fans here at South by Southwest to try it first. From the music performances to the product itself, everything about The Jacked Stage by Doritos will be over-the-top."
Suggested retail price for a 2.6-oz. bag is $1.09, a 3.375-oz. bag is $1.49, and the 10.5-oz size is $4.29.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »