G.H. Cretors Launches Chicago Mix PopcornIn 1885, Charles Cretors, invented the popcorn machine that forever changed snacking. Now 126 years later, his great-great granddaughter Claire writes the next chapter for the Cretors family.
Chicago-based G.H. Cretors launches Chicago Mix, a combination of caramel corn and cheese corn, which offers addictive, simultaneous hits of sweet, salty, crunchy and cheesy in one bag. The caramel corn is made the old fashioned way: by hand, in copper kettles with all-natural ingredients completely free of GMO's, artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
Cane sugar, brown rice syrup and real butter is heated over a flame and then stirred slowly by hand to develop its rich complex flavor and crunch. Equal care is exercised with making the cheese corn. Real cheddar cheese is melted in special kettles and then gently mixed with locally-grown, air-popped corn, which is certified Kosher.
"Copper is more than an even heat conductor, it's key to developing our caramel's rich buttery flavor," says Claire Cretors, who along with her mother Phyllis are taking bagged popcorn to new gourmet heights. "While large, stainless steel kettles are the norm in our industry, we're sticking to copper because -- it simply makes for a better tasting Caramel Corn."
Suggested retail price per 6.5oz bag is $3.99.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »