Hershey's Simple Pleasures Offer Low-Guilt Chocolate Enjoyment
Hershey, Pa.-based Hershey Co. launches Hershey's Simple Pleasures, creamy chocolates with a rich crème-filled center containing 30 percent less fat than average milk chocolates, and the first new brand from Hershey since 2007.
Available in three varieties — Milk Chocolate with Chocolate Crème, Dark Chocolate with Chocolate Crème, and Milk Chocolate with Vanilla Crème — they are individually wrapped for easy portion control in a 24-count, 5.6-oz. stand-up bag. Each serving size, which includes six pieces (each about the size of a quarter), has 180 calories with 22g of sugar, compared to a Hershey bar which has 210 calories and 24g of sugar.
According to a recent survey of 1,000 women conducted by The Hershey Co., 58 percent would love to savor their chocolate without guilt. Other findings include: Eating certain foods is the No. 1 source of guilt (58 percent), more than sleeping in (19 percent) or watching too much TV (28 percent); At least one in five women feel guilty about things they do for themselves, including shopping (24 percent) or pampering (22 percent). And by declaring independence from guilt, women would feel the sweet sensations of motivation (72 percent), energy (70 percent), excitement (65 percent) and empowerment (64 percent).
"We know people love chocolate and want to live a balanced lifestyle," says spokeswoman Anna Lingeris. "With Hershey's Simple Pleasures chocolates, our goal is to give chocolate lovers a reason to celebrate because they can finally have it all ... delicious chocolate they can feel great about loving."
Suggested retail price is $3.79.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »