Hershey's Simple Pleasures Offer Low-Guilt Chocolate Enjoyment
Hershey, Pa.-based Hershey Co. launches Hershey's Simple Pleasures, creamy chocolates with a rich crème-filled center containing 30 percent less fat than average milk chocolates, and the first new brand from Hershey since 2007.
Available in three varieties — Milk Chocolate with Chocolate Crème, Dark Chocolate with Chocolate Crème, and Milk Chocolate with Vanilla Crème — they are individually wrapped for easy portion control in a 24-count, 5.6-oz. stand-up bag. Each serving size, which includes six pieces (each about the size of a quarter), has 180 calories with 22g of sugar, compared to a Hershey bar which has 210 calories and 24g of sugar.
According to a recent survey of 1,000 women conducted by The Hershey Co., 58 percent would love to savor their chocolate without guilt. Other findings include: Eating certain foods is the No. 1 source of guilt (58 percent), more than sleeping in (19 percent) or watching too much TV (28 percent); At least one in five women feel guilty about things they do for themselves, including shopping (24 percent) or pampering (22 percent). And by declaring independence from guilt, women would feel the sweet sensations of motivation (72 percent), energy (70 percent), excitement (65 percent) and empowerment (64 percent).
"We know people love chocolate and want to live a balanced lifestyle," says spokeswoman Anna Lingeris. "With Hershey's Simple Pleasures chocolates, our goal is to give chocolate lovers a reason to celebrate because they can finally have it all ... delicious chocolate they can feel great about loving."
Suggested retail price is $3.79.
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »