Just in Time for Football Season: Hidden Valley for Everything Topping and Dip
Somewhere, a plate of French fries is smiling today, thanks to Oakland, Calif.-based HV Food Products Co. This subsidiary of The Clorox Co. rolls out "The New Ketchup" -- Hidden Valley for Everything Topping & Dip. The product keeps the same taste as the traditional salad dressing, but has a creamier, thicker texture that is ideal for use on a wide variety of foods and snacks – from burgers and fries to pizza and chicken wings.
Varieties include Original Ranch, which offers the same flavor as Hidden Valley Original Ranch salad dressing but with a thicker consistency, and Salsa Ranch, which provides the touch of spice that many people love on hamburgers and fries.
"The bottle may say salad dressing, but Americans put Hidden Valley Ranch on all types of food," says Jon Balousek, general manager of Hidden Valley Foods. "Now, we are creating a Hidden Valley product that is perfect for just that purpose. This thicker, creamier ranch is ideal for spreading on burgers, dipping French fries or just about any other place where people turn to ketchup and other condiments."
Ranch dressing is the most frequently used dressing on salads, used on one-third of salads according to 2011 statistics from NPD. But it is increasingly finding a role on other foods. In fact, according to 2011 research from NPD, more than 30 percent of ranch use is outside of salads, with chicken, potatoes (including French fries), pizza and sandwiches among the top uses.
Suggested retail price for 20 oz. is $4.39, and $3.19 for the 12 oz. variety.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »