Just in Time for Football Season: Hidden Valley for Everything Topping and Dip
Somewhere, a plate of French fries is smiling today, thanks to Oakland, Calif.-based HV Food Products Co. This subsidiary of The Clorox Co. rolls out "The New Ketchup" -- Hidden Valley for Everything Topping & Dip. The product keeps the same taste as the traditional salad dressing, but has a creamier, thicker texture that is ideal for use on a wide variety of foods and snacks – from burgers and fries to pizza and chicken wings.
Varieties include Original Ranch, which offers the same flavor as Hidden Valley Original Ranch salad dressing but with a thicker consistency, and Salsa Ranch, which provides the touch of spice that many people love on hamburgers and fries.
"The bottle may say salad dressing, but Americans put Hidden Valley Ranch on all types of food," says Jon Balousek, general manager of Hidden Valley Foods. "Now, we are creating a Hidden Valley product that is perfect for just that purpose. This thicker, creamier ranch is ideal for spreading on burgers, dipping French fries or just about any other place where people turn to ketchup and other condiments."
Ranch dressing is the most frequently used dressing on salads, used on one-third of salads according to 2011 statistics from NPD. But it is increasingly finding a role on other foods. In fact, according to 2011 research from NPD, more than 30 percent of ranch use is outside of salads, with chicken, potatoes (including French fries), pizza and sandwiches among the top uses.
Suggested retail price for 20 oz. is $4.39, and $3.19 for the 12 oz. variety.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »