Horizon Launches Organic Fat-Free Milk Plus DHA Omega-3Broomfield, Colo.-based Horizon launches organic Fat-Free Milk Plus DHA Omega-3, the latest product to join the company's line of organic milk fortified with DHA Omega-3. The new Fat-Free Milk Plus DHA Omega-3 provides consumers with the same healthy benefits of DHA-fortified milk, but with less fat and calories.
DHA Omega-3 is a long-chain omega-3 fatty acid that has been shown in a number of scientific studies to be important for supporting the brain, heart and eyes at every stage of life. Horizon uses Martek Biosciences' life's DHA, a vegetarian and sustainable source of plant-based DHA.
"Organic milk fortified with DHA is a great option for families looking to incorporate nutritious products in their diets with the proven benefits of DHA, including those for heart, brain and eye health," says Dr. Alan Greene M.D., F.A.A.P, author of Feeding Baby Green. "The new Fat-Free Milk Plus DHA Omega-3 from Horizon gives consumers all these benefits of DHA-enhanced milk, but with a fraction of the calories and fat."
Suggested retail price is $4.29.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »