Hostess Indulges Chocoholics With Chocolate Crème TwinkiesFollowing a special limited-edition offering of the treat last spring, Irving, Texas-based Hostess, the maker of America's most iconic snack cakes, launches Chocolate Crème Twinkies, golden sponge cake with a chocolate crème filling, and happily the flavor is here to stay permanently.
James Dewar invented the Twinkie in 1930, calling it "the best darn-tootin' idea I ever had," and we certainly agree. Improving upon such a beloved and iconic treat was quite a task for Hostess -- which produces over 500 million Twinkies a year. After an overwhelmingly positive consumer response to the limited edition Chocolate Crème Twinkies, it was clear that adding chocolate to Twinkies was a recipe for delicious success.
"For over 80 years, Twinkies have been delighting Americans with their delicious golden cake and crème filling, and new Chocolate Crème Twinkies will be giving Hostess fans a chocolaty twist on an iconic treat that will keep them smiling for years to come," says Amy Clark, director of snack marketing for Hostess.
Suggested retail price for a package of 10 individually wrapped cakes is $4.29.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »