Jamba At Home Greek Yogurt Smoothies ArriveThree years ago, Greek yogurt sales represented just three percent of overall yogurt category sales. Today, nearly one-third of all U.S. yogurt sales are Greek varieties, and UBS analysts suggest that the category will grow 120 percent over the next five years.
Phoenix-based Inventure Foods, under a licensing agreement with Jamba Juice Co., introduces Jamba At Home Smoothies, combining non-fat Greek yogurt with on-trend superfruits for a new line of Jamba Greek Yogurt Superfruit Smoothies in two varieties — Pomegranate Pick-Me-Up, which contains whole frozen blueberries and raspberries, sliced strawberries, pomegranate and frozen non-fat Greek yogurt, and Acai Super-Antioxidant, featuring whole frozen blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries, blackberries, acai and non-fat Greek yogurt.
Fat-free and naturally low in sugar and calories (130 calories or less), the non-fat Greek yogurt provided in each package results in a creamy smoothie that offers 50 percent more protein than the Strawberries Wild variety of Jamba "At Home" smoothies, and contain a full serving of fruit and 100 percent of the RDI of vitamin C with each 8-oz. glass, and are free of artificial flavors, colors and preservatives.
"We recently introduced these smoothies and gained immediate distribution," says Steve Sklar, senior vice president marketing, Inventure Foods. "Interest in Greek yogurt is at an all-time high, and superfruits continueto be on-trend, so combining the two makes a ton of sense."
Suggested retail price is $3.29 – $3.99 per 8-oz. package, which makes two, 8-oz. smoothies when blended with apple juice as directed.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »