Jelly Belly Ads Sweet Heat to its CandyThe Jelly Belly Candy Company, Fairfield, Calif., adds sweet heat to the menu with hot sauce-flavored jelly beans. The candy makers set out to develop a flavor so authentic that they sourced genuine Tabasco brand seasoning from the 140-year-old recipe made by McIlhenny Company of Louisiana, which combines the pungent taste of red peppers, Avery Island salt and distilled vinegar. This profile, coupled with subtle sweetness undertones from the jelly bean itself, promises to ignite the taste buds with a peppery punch that hot sauce fans crave.
A 16-oz. bag of Tabasco Jelly Belly Jelly Beans has a suggested retail price of $8.99.
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »