Jelly Belly Ads Sweet Heat to its CandyThe Jelly Belly Candy Company, Fairfield, Calif., adds sweet heat to the menu with hot sauce-flavored jelly beans. The candy makers set out to develop a flavor so authentic that they sourced genuine Tabasco brand seasoning from the 140-year-old recipe made by McIlhenny Company of Louisiana, which combines the pungent taste of red peppers, Avery Island salt and distilled vinegar. This profile, coupled with subtle sweetness undertones from the jelly bean itself, promises to ignite the taste buds with a peppery punch that hot sauce fans crave.
A 16-oz. bag of Tabasco Jelly Belly Jelly Beans has a suggested retail price of $8.99.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »