Jelly Belly Ads Sweet Heat to its CandyThe Jelly Belly Candy Company, Fairfield, Calif., adds sweet heat to the menu with hot sauce-flavored jelly beans. The candy makers set out to develop a flavor so authentic that they sourced genuine Tabasco brand seasoning from the 140-year-old recipe made by McIlhenny Company of Louisiana, which combines the pungent taste of red peppers, Avery Island salt and distilled vinegar. This profile, coupled with subtle sweetness undertones from the jelly bean itself, promises to ignite the taste buds with a peppery punch that hot sauce fans crave.
A 16-oz. bag of Tabasco Jelly Belly Jelly Beans has a suggested retail price of $8.99.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »