Kashi Launches Tasty, Nutritious Veggie-based Soft-Baked SquaresTo help moms make smart food choices for their kids, La Jolla, Calif.-based Kashi Co., a Kellogg company, introduces Kashi Soft-Baked Squares, which combine unexpected real food ingredients, such as sweet potatoes and beans, no synthetic colors and artificial flavors, preservatives and sweeteners and no high fructose corn syrup with Kashi's signature blend of 7 Whole Grains to offer great taste and nutrition in a unique snack food.
They are available in two varieties – Chocolate Soft Baked Squares, combining cocoa, chocolate chunks and agave for a touch of natural sweetness, sweet potatoes and black beans (4g of fiber and 10g of whole grains), and Almond Soft-Baked Squares, topped with crunchy almond slices and made with agave for a hint of natural sweetness. With 4g of fiber and 14g of whole grains, each square is made with sweet potatoes and garbanzo beans.
"We know that parents are always on the lookout for good-for-you foods that their kids will enjoy eating," says Keegan Sheridan, natural food and lifestyle expert for Kashi. "Our new family-friendly Soft-Baked Squares give moms and dads a 'win-win' option as a great-tasting lunchbox or afterschool snack that provides surprising nutrition through wholesome ingredients."
Suggested retail price per box of five individually wrapped squares is $3.79.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »