Kraft Launches Refrigerated Milk and Granola Bar
Kraft Foods, Northfield, Ill., raises the bar in snacking with Kraft Milkbite Milk & Granola Bars. Found in the refrigerated dairy aisle, each bar combines real milk with whole-grain granola and other nutritious ingredients such as fruit or roasted nuts, while providing the same amount of calcium as an 8-oz. glass of milk.
Milkbite Bars are made with milk and calcium, making them an excellent source of calcium with 30 percent of the DRV and a good source of vitamin D and fiber. They also include protein (5g), and whole grains (7g), and do not contain any artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. They're available in five varieties: Chocolate, Strawberry, Peanut Butter, Oatmeal Raisin and Mixed Berry.
The bars were introduced via a charming national ad campaign featuring a new brand mascot, "Mel the Milkbite," developed in conjunction with Jim Henson's Creature Shop. Mel, a humble Kraft Milkbite Bar -- part milk, part granola -- is stuck in an existential crisis. As Mel searches to understand his identity, viewers are invited along for the ride, witnessing Mel on a blind date, at a book club meeting, in conversation with his parents and video blogging from the dairy aisle.
"With Milkbite, we saw an opportunity to change the status quo and introduce milk into snacking in a whole new way," says Michelle Lorge, senior brand manager for Kraft Milkbite. "By combining real milk and other wholesome ingredients, we designed Milkbite to help satisfy the demand for snack options that are better for you and also taste great."
Suggested retail price is $3.49.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »