Luna Peanut Honey Snack Bar a Snacking Escape For Women Only
Emeryville, Calif.-based Clif Bar & Co. rolls out Luna Peanut Honey Pretzel, a salty sweet snack made specifically for women. It combines complementary flavors, the smooth sweetness of honey layered with the salty crunch of peanuts and pretzels, for a sophisticated sensory experience to delight taste buds.
At only 190 calories, the low glycemic snack bar is 70 percent organic, contains 9g of protein, 3g of fiber, a good source of vitamin D, and is high in calcium (35 percent), folic acid, and iron.
Snacks play an important role in a woman's healthy lifestyle, so Luna and the Institute for the Future, an independent non-profit research organization, reinforced these notions with findings from a collaborative study, "The Power of Snacking: The Next Decade of Women's Changing Nutrition Report," which forecasts generational trends in women's snacking over the next 10 years. The study found that women are no longer adhering to traditional eating patterns, but rather are choosing to snack when and where most appropriate for their busy schedules. Additionally, the findings confirmed that women value their snack time immensely, and use this time as a way to escape, rejuvenate, and enjoy being with friends. (learn more at www.thepowerofsnacking.com)
"Loaded with protein-rich peanuts, Luna's latest offering keeps any on-the-go woman satisfied and satiated without the unnecessary guilt that is often accompanied with indulging in a tasty snack," says Tara DelloIacono-Thies, R.D. and nutrition strategist for Luna. "We are committed to delivering quality products that fulfill the taste women crave while supplying the body with key nutrients women need such as calcium, folic acid, iron and vitamin D."
Suggested retail price per bar is $1.39.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »